With the move to replace Internet Explorer with Edge as the web viewer backend in FileMaker 19.3, the new default security settings make FMP URLs require more user interaction. You’ll be prompted much to authorize your web viewer to run FileMaker scripts once a session or as often as every time.
(If you’re new to these changes, our blog post on FileMaker 19.3 Web Viewers explains the issue and changes required in DayBack Classic.)
Thanks to Christian at Monkeybread Software for providing the correct registry key, we now have a way to tell the web viewer that we don’t need to be prompted every time we use an FMP URL link in our file. We’ve modified Christian’s instructions a bit to also include the version-specific fmp19 URL that is used in DayBack Classic. We’ve also provided a one-click registry patch file if you’d like, so you don’t have to modify your registry manually.
Here’s a link to download the patch file. To install it, open the FM193FMPFix.reg file that’s inside the compressed zip folder and acknowledge that you want it to be installed on your machine. Then re-open FileMaker and you should no longer be prompted when using FMP URL links from web viewers.
If you’d rather add the key manually in your registry:
1. Open up Registry Editor on your machine.
2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft
3. Select the “Edge” key, or create a new one if it doesn’t exist
4. Create a new “WebView2” key, or select it if it already exists.
5. Create a new string value named “AutoLaunchProtocolsFromOrigins” with the following value:
This is how it should look:
6. Exit Registry Editor and re-open FileMaker and you should no longer be prompted when using FMP URLs from web viewers.
Thanks again to Christian at Monkeybread for the help with this one!